WTF advertisers!

All I wanted to do was check Weather.com’s forecast for my weekend.

Type in the address….page loads….and before I can EVEN MOVE MY MOUSE the whole screen is taken over with an advertisement.

Arg.

Find the little “close ad” option.  Close it, type in my zipcode.  Page loads…..and before I can EVEN MOVE MY MOUSE the whole screen is taken over with an advertisement, AGAIN.

ARG!

Find the little “close ad” option.  Scroll down the page looking for the 5 day forecast since that’s apparently no longer the point of Weather.com and I have to go in search of it instead of having it front and center.  Click on it…….

Page loads…..and before I can EVEN MOVE MY MOUSE the whole screen is taken over with an advertisement……..

WTF!!!!

Different ads for different companies every time too.

I knew there was a reason I mostly used local news channel’s webpages for my weather searching, but seriously, WTF?!

10 Comments

1. Comment by bluesun:

Weather.gov

It’s where everyone else gets their information, anyway.

2. Comment by Peter:

Weatherbug.

3. Comment by Mrs. S.:

Try the NOAA National Weather Service Website.

4. Comment by Kurt P:

I have weather.com in my bookmarks and never had a problem.
    I use Fire Fox (with adblockers) and Ghostery with almost all trackers blocked.

I’m in Texas, so maybe you being in NY has something to do with it (but I doubt it).

• Comment by Ruth:

Firefox, with some ad blockers, but no ghostery…..it was the CONSTANT take the page over that got me. Once I’d deal with, the constant? Annoying as heck. Mind, those ads don’t sell me on products, infact the opposite, I’ve been known to add things to my ‘never buy’ list after seeing them in that kind of ad….

5. Comment by bogie:

I use a different weather service usually. Was at work yesterday and couldn’t think of it’s name, so went to weatehr.com – big mistatke. I never did figure out what I wanted to know until I went my regular site.